One of the most trending debates of all the time among door manufacturers, suppliers and customers is – Wooden Door Vs Aluminium Door. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.
But if you weigh their balance, the winner is always the customer, who has the opportunity to choose either of them according to their preferences and needs.
In this article, you can take a closer look at the difference between the two materials to help determine whether to choose a Wooden door or an Aluminium door for your next dream project.
Let’s find out!
Wooden Door Vs Aluminium Door – Who is the Winner?
Some of the most significant advantages of wooden and aluminium doors that can help you choose the right one based on your needs.
- Aesthetics – Aesthetic appeal of the wooden door is what you need. The classic designs of the wooden doors make them an ideal choice for period properties. The wooden doors give a classy look, which is the demand of the traditional and modern appearance.
- Durability and Strength – Both wooden and aluminium doors are long-lasting if installed and maintained properly. However, some statistics say that aluminium doors get used around 74% in residential and 90% in commercial applications. But you can trust both; wooden and aluminium doors for their durability and strength.
- Thermal Insulation – Wood is a perfect insulator that helps maintain your property’s thermal efficiency in winter and summer. On the other hand, aluminium is not a good insulator, and it does affect the thermal efficiency of your aluminium doors.
- Maintenance – It is effortless and convenient to maintain wooden doors. Indeed, wooden doors require maintenance occasionally, but who doesn’t need care? Right?
If you don’t take care of your wooden doors, they might look old and pale over a while. And this is a natural thing. However, it is recommended to go with premium quality wooden doors with a long life span.
- Colour – These days, people use powder coating on their aluminium doors, making them look like wooden doors, because they do not want to spend money on high-quality ones. So, it is advisable to always pick wooden doors with premium quality for your next project.
Ultimately, we can conclude that it is totally up to you what you want to choose, a wooden or an aluminium door for your property. Make sure to remember all the significant points discussed above when you select either of them.
To answer this question, which is better, wooden door vs aluminium door, is tricky because both have pros and cons. However, a wooden door with premium quality materials can be a great option because it will consist of natural resources, which is a healthy choice.
You can also get various unique wooden door design options at Guru Kripa Timber, wood suppliers in Mohali. Our skilled and talented team will help you find the right wooden door according to your needs and taste.